w84death,
@w84death@fosstodon.org avatar

Started from scrach.
Figured out how to move login/pass prompts.

Works on win2k telnet. Now I can try to make it longer and more epic :p

image/jpeg
image/jpeg

tripplehelix,
@tripplehelix@fosstodon.org avatar

@w84death Looks great!

TheOuterLinux,

@tripplehelix @w84death Give "Netrunner" a try. It is probably my favorite telnet client at the moment. And being SDL2, it should run from the console (ha ha ha...).

http://www.mysticbbs.com/downloads.html

w84death,

@TheOuterLinux @tripplehelix I'm using Netrunner on Steam Deck. But on the retro computer I want to be telnet compatible.

@tripplehelix On linux you need ANSI chars so this will not work out of the box :P

tripplehelix,

@w84death @TheOuterLinux I think the servers blocked me, it disconnect whenever I try and connect.

w84death,

@tripplehelix @TheOuterLinux I got that to myself after too many connect/disconnect when I was testing each char :P

Then I moved to local IP and continued :P I don't know when the "ban" is lifted as I still can not connect myself. Probably need to do this by hand.

tripplehelix,

@w84death @TheOuterLinux lol! Don't you have server access? Just remove your IP from the ban list. It's definitely currently too strict.

w84death,

@tripplehelix @TheOuterLinux yes, it's next to me ;P You're right I need to configure the server a little bit. I was too much concentrated on the problem with ANSI characters braking everything.

w84death,

@tripplehelix @TheOuterLinux removed all IPs from blacklist and added local IP to the whitelist.

Rule is 4 connections in 120sec := ban.

BTW: The ban list was covering already two screens :P

tripplehelix,

@w84death @TheOuterLinux It kicks on most of the options including 'Door Games' guessing it sees I'm not op and shouldn't be there and kicks rather than errors.

w84death,

@tripplehelix @TheOuterLinux I'm still figuring out the menu - I disabled those options but did not know that it will crash/disconnect.

BTW: this is super WIP - I'm at the creation of login screen at the moment :P (will be longer with big space reveal and then actual login screen similar to what is now).

Long way to the menu and actual content :P

But I will try to hide those "not enabled" menu options or find out how to handle invalid input. It kicks me (SysOp) too :P

tripplehelix,

@w84death @TheOuterLinux Excited to see when it's all done!

tripplehelix,

@w84death @TheOuterLinux SPAAAAAAAACE

tripplehelix,

@TheOuterLinux @w84death I have downloaded it :D Looks cool.

• All
  • Subscribed
  • Moderated
  • Favorites
  • bbs
  • DreamBathrooms
  • ngwrru68w68
  • modclub
  • magazineikmin
  • thenastyranch
  • rosin
  • khanakhh