mms,
@mms@emacs.ch avatar

There are three thing I am really sorry to have missed in the close to 40 years of my life:

I still have time for the last one but it’s first one I’d love the most. And it’s dead for a long time.

jameshowell,
@jameshowell@emacs.ch avatar

@mms As someone who enjoyed many a at 300 bps in the early 80s and in the early 90s, I can honestly tell you that the is a worthy spiritual heir to both.

proactiveservices,
@proactiveservices@fosstodon.org avatar

@jameshowell @mms as someone who was around in those days let me tell you that with Discourse forum announcing they're supporting federation, I've never been more excited for the open Web than when I realised that I could make my own Web site, and did. You're here at a key revolution of the people-focussed Internet.

mykhaylo,
@mykhaylo@fosstodon.org avatar

@mms it was fun. I hosted over as a kid. And don't forget the FIDONET.

louis,
@louis@emacs.ch avatar

@mykhaylo @mms I had the chance to be part of FIDONET and MAUSNET at the time, connecting with a acoustic coupler. It was real fun!

holgerschurig, (edited )

@mykhaylo @mms I once has a mailbox, self-written in Turbo-Pascal called INFSYS. First on Apple II under CP/M, later on MSDOS.

It had a command line interface similar to the commercial mailboxes from GEONET.

And later I brought it into Fidonet, with the help of BinkleyTerm. Forgot my node ID, it's been so long. Maybe 2:233/23? Something similar? Something entirely different?

mykhaylo,
@mykhaylo@fosstodon.org avatar

@holgerschurig @mms that is so cool

• All
  • Subscribed
  • Moderated
  • Favorites
  • bbs
  • ngwrru68w68
  • rosin
  • GTA5RPClips
  • osvaldo12