Andre,
@Andre@freeatlantis.com avatar

Thread

So, where does this all end up?

I make no prediction about the short term outcomes associated with the TX defiance of the Biden administration’s border policies, except to note that the feds hold a weak hand in almost every respect that I can currently imagine.

But let’s look a little bit farther into the future.

Andre,

It is clear that there is a tension between the interests of many/all of the states and those of the deep state. This tension is only increasing along pretty much every front possible, domestically and internationally. Something is going to have to resolve that tension.

Andre,

The border crisis is going to drive many states into action together in direct opposition to the federal government. The notion that something must be done to resolve not merely the border problems but all of the harms inflicted by the centralised deep state is not going to be lost on the leadership from these states.

To me, the most obvious mechanism is a Constitutional Convention of States.

Andre,

We have seen that no branch of the federal government is sufficient to overcome the inertia of the bloated deep state apparatus. We have seen that the military is not going to swoop in and save the day. The only authority capable of achieving this is The People themselves.

Andre,

And very interestingly (to me) is that such a convention would align the interests of The People with their elected representatives. What politician (apart from George Washington) would reject the notion of increased power for themselves?

Andre,

A constitutional amendment that constrained the authority and actions of the federal government to small government limits envisioned by the Founders and by modern Originalists would also automatically increase the power of each state’s legislatures and executive. Bringing authority back from the federal government that unconstitutionally arrogated it would be in the interests of all within each individual state (except for the federal bureaucrats employed there, but who cares about that?).

Andre,

And now imagine that as the groundswell of support for this type of resolution grows daily, that there arrives on the scene an Originalist President who is supportive of exactly the sorts of remedies proposed in such a Convention? A SCOTUS that is similarly inclined? And even a significant number of Representatives and Senators that are willing to give at least lip service support to it all?

Does that feel Revolutionary to you? As in The Spirit of 1776?

Andre,

We will certainly have to vote for this who would support such a move, but our opportunities will extend well beyond that. I’d imagine substantial consultation and participation between state legislatures and their constituents. There may even be opportunities for referendums.

Andre,

But, at the end of the day, how do you bypass the deep state? And if you do bypass the deep state, what exactly are you going to arrive at?

The only meaningful answer is The People.

MAGA
MEGA

We caught them all.

END

@1031@freeatlantis.com avatar

@Andre

I feel we are living in an age of deception, hidden agendas, compromised interests & disloyalty, I trust very few people anymore, & even those whose theories sounded plausible a year ago now sound foolish to me.

That said, there are a few good men left (to borrow a movie title), & I give their opinions more than a passing think. One of those opinions is that We the People WILL engage in conflict.

It will be against our own military.

The woke v the awakened.

i hope he's wrong.

StockliRacer,
@StockliRacer@freeatlantis.com avatar

@1031 @Andre

If this comes to pass, the military will be told that they are quelling a rebellion, against the government. Against terrorists, as it were. Once the military rank and file see who they are really “fighting” against - not terrorists, but mom and pop middle America, who are actually fighting “ for” our country, the rank and file will realize we are all fighting the same fight, against the same enemy, and will turn on the elite leadership.

Andre,

@StockliRacer @1031

The corrupt are weak and will crack and beg.

StockliRacer,
@StockliRacer@freeatlantis.com avatar

@Andre

Once again, sir, you have nailed it. Well done. You have challenged us to think outside of the box

My only answer is that the deep state will never allow a convention of the states happen. Just as they will never allow a Trump presidency (which I truly believe - if he does happen to overcome the next steal, and does get elected, he will never be allowed to take office), they will blow up the country before they let their crimes against their fellow citizens be exposed and adjudicated

LoveAlmonds,
@LoveAlmonds@freeatlantis.com avatar

@Andre

"We have seen that no branch of the federal government is sufficient to overcome the inertia of the bloated deep state apparatus"

Exactly.

malokvale77,

@Andre

As a 58 year Texas transplant, I hope we do better than the Alamo.

But we have a Congressman (Joaquin Castro) who thinks Texas is part of Aztecland. A culture that believes in human sacrifice. He wants Biden to conscript the Texas National Guard so they can't protect our border. He needs him some sacrifice to his god.

Andre,

@malokvale77

The Aztec/Maya traditions of brutality are alive and well in Mexico and Central America.

Plantman37,
  • All
  • Subscribed
  • Moderated
  • Favorites
  • random
  • DreamBathrooms
  • magazineikmin
  • everett
  • InstantRegret
  • rosin
  • Youngstown